Friday, October 10, 2008

Samhain Preperations

I woke up and it was cool this morning. We haven’t needed the fan on in our bedroom while sleeping for about a week, but I don’t think we’re going to have another heat wave this year. It was cool enough, in the shower, that I thought it would be nice to have the heat on. It’s not quite cold enough for the heater, well maybe in the morning, but I should get a new filter for it soon.

The light and colors are late fall, at least for Northern California. I’m going to Murphy’s in a week or two, and I expect to see much more dramatic and colorful fall foliage up there.

And in preparation for Samhain, I’m starting to plan out my ritual. Asking myself what do I want to do? How do I want to celebrate? The last two years, for me, have been about grief and letting go of that grief. Now, I’m trying to plan a ritual where I honor my ancestors without an emphasis on grief. There’s also the ADF ritual on Saturday that I’d like to get to. I’ve had such bad luck with hooking up with this proto-grove that I’m a little wary about attending the ritual. But I would like to experiment with the group, and see if these could be people I can work with in a spiritual manner. I do want a group, however small, of likeminded people to worship with. If that means rejoining ADF to be with a proto-grove, that doesn’t fit me exactly, but is close enough, that so be it. I’d rather that then the local UU church. At least with ADF I’d be working with polytheists.

No comments: