Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

I read 68 books this past year. Not bad, I always try for at least 52 and have the dream goal of reading 104 books or more in a year. Who knows, maybe 2008 will be that year. If you want to check out a more complex breakdown of what I’ve read this year, not religious in nature, check out my LiveJournal here.

I thought I should break down my pagan books read here, as well as pimp the Pagan Online Book Club that I am now modding.

Here are the religious-related books I’ve read this year:
Drawing down the moon : witches, druids, goddess-worshippers, and other pagans in America today / Margot Adler
Not your mama's tree ogam : a guide to Celtic ogam and alternatives to tree ogam / Erynn Rowan Laurie
American Gods / Neil Gaiman
A brief history of the druids / Peter Berresford Ellis
The Mabinogi and other Welsh tales / trans. Patrick K. Ford
Ogam : weaving words of wisdom / Erynn Rowan Laurie
21 ways to read a tarot card / Mary K. Greer
Keeping a nature journal / discover a whole new way of seeing the world around you / Clare Walker Leslie and Charles E. Roth
The earth path : grounding your spirit in the rhythms of nature / Starhawk
The druids / Ronald Hutton

These represent about 14% of my reading this year. Not bad. I plan on reading much more by working my way through some of the books recommended on the CR FAQ as well as continuing to read along with my Pagan Book Club. I also plan on exploring other works that spark my interest like some on Shinto practice, to examine a modern indigenous polytheistic/animistic religious practice.

No comments: